skip to main contentskip to navigation

User avatarnull Account

Vehicle Request and Field Trips

DPS Vehicle Request

  • The person that checks out a vehicle must drive the vehicle (Infofinder name entry must match the vehicle request form) Name of the driver must match in Infofinder and the form.
  • All Fleet Vehicle drivers must be cleared to drive a prior to the trip.
  • All drivers must follow speed limit and traffic laws at all times when in a school owned vehicle
  • Only DPS employees can drive a school owned vehicle. 
  • Know the budget code when requesting the vehicle and get approved by your supervisor. 
  • A substitute fleet vehicle driver must have their documentation in file to drive students in case the assigned driver is unable to. 
  • Field Trips: If you put in a request for a vehicle or a field trip that will be paid out of school activity funds, Bilingual funds or SPED funds, your principal and secretary must know that you have approval on bussing or vehicle request. All non NMAA or NFHS trips must be approved by DPS Cabinet before a vehicle or bus is scheduled. 
  • Regular field trips require 10 days prior entry to accommodate an activity driver
  • Out of state field trips require board approval 10 days prior to the trip, except for El Paso Tx. 
  • Know the budget code when requesting the activity trip in Trip Tracker.
  • Submit a detailed itinerary to Jennifer Chavez or include the information in the Trip Tracker request for a bus or vehicle.
  • All non school chaperones or parents riding a school bus must be cleared through a criminal background check and issued a badge per district policy and (NMAC§F1-3)
  • Check with Jennifer three days prior if there are any changes prior to your trip 
  • By Frank Milo

ADA Compliance Errors0